23.12.09

santa and elf

I thought of posting this tomorrow but I am pretty sure I can't squeeze in blogging in a very tied up day. We'll be heading off to New Jersey tomorrow and spend Christmas at my dad's best friend's house. I'm sure it's going to be fun!


Anyways, Christmas is the perfect time to goof around with the people closest to your heart. And it's the ONLY time of the year I can convince my brother to dress up crazily. By crazily, I mean something like wearing outgrown red jogging pants (way back when he was still a foot shorter) and a crazy elf hat. We did this somewhat funny shoot for a Christmas something for our relatives and friends (this is primarily why he agreed).


We wish you all a Merry Christmas!

The funky Santa and her (not so little) elf.
Isn't he the cutest little brother ever?! He just turned 14 last November, he was 6-foot tall then (I don't know now, he looks taller). How did he grow like that? I have no idea. One day he's just the annoying little brother who hides under my bed and scare the hell out of me, then one day he sneezed and he grew. Just that. lol. Now I'm the little sister. But I'm sure he'll grow even taller. What will I be then? His tiny sister?



My blingy not-so-little elf.

You're the best brother ever! Not just because you're my only brother but because you are to me as the elves to Santa. And oh, if by chance you find out about this post (which I'm sure in 5 seconds you will be freaking out), please remember that you said yes when I told you about this...last night...when you were sleeping. =)


To boot, I also realized how terribly difficult it is to be a Santa.

You know what I mean. Now that I'm done with all the shopping, reality sank in. I hate sales. It makes me come up with a really reasonable argument why I should buy stuff that are not on my list. Yeah, I just realized I bought way too many things! 


Still and all, tis the season to be jolly--not for any materialistic reason but because we have received the greatest gift God has given us. He is the very reason why I smile.

Thanks be to God for his unspeakable Gift— indescribable, inestimable, incomparable inexpressible - precious beyond words.
-Lois Lebar
Jesus, the reason for the season Praise Him Pictures, Images and Photos


May God's love reign in your hearts this Christmas and always lovely readers! Smile and rejoice! Have a great time with your family. Let me leave you with this.








When Christ entered our world, he didn't come to brighten our Decembers, but to transform our lives. 





- Rich Miller



Photobucket


65 stylish comments:

Julia said...

Aw, this is officially the cutest post EVER! Your brother is so cute; looks older than 14, too, which I'm sure he's happy about. :).

What is your ethnicity? Are you part Asian? I'm just wondering...:)

xx

A* said...

Thanks for visitnig my blog! this pics are great, so funny!!
;)

Elaine said...

Such cute pics! Hope you have a great Christmas!!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Leah said...

Merry Christmas Betz! I love the fun pics...great to have a brother you can play around with.

And you have to smile often, you look fabulous when you smile.

Miranda said...

such a cute photoshoot!
merry christmas!

Vinda Sonata said...

those pictures are very cute, betz! both you and your brother are very good looking! ;)
love the leopard prints you added for your xmas outfit too.

p.s. nice quote by rich miller! thank you for sharing :)

Rica said...

hi betz very cute post!!!

your brother is goofy and cute. hmmm liwat nimo.hehe. your outfit is so pretty. i love the white stockings or tights? hey btw, pwede mangutana pila edad nimo? just wondering , you look so young.

merry xmas to you and to your family!

xoxo

www.sassyrica.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

so cute! love these fun photos!

Merry Christmas!

rocco said...

Awww, so nice. I love these photos and I wish you the happiest xmas ever :D

Marz said...

these pictures are hilarious! Merry Christmas!
-Marz

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

This post just made my day!! The pictures with your brother are wonderful, and a great reminder that everything starts and ends with family.

Not to mention that you are the cutest Ms. Santa ever. And thanks for reminding us again of the real reason why we celebrate this special time of year!

Sher said...

You both look so cute in your santa and elf outfits!! Yea, whats up with younger brothers who grows up to be so much taller than you lol!!

Have a beautiful magical Christmas! God bless:)

xx

Anonymous said...

cute pics! merry christmas!

DIANA said...

I have no words am like saying this blahahahhooo!!wow! wow! yea i love this you and your brother what cant i say beautiful amazing!! love your blog i always come and visit ahaha! have a brilliant day!

Rica said...

do you mind if i speak visaya??

wala lang nag ask lang ko kay feeling nko ka age lang ta.hehe.ug tinood jud ka age lang jud ta. i just turned 23 last november pero ako jud mga ka batch is 87's. so diba taga davao ka? aha ka nag school didto? basig naay kay naka ila na classmate nko or whatever. do you have ym? message me here para mag chat nlng ta. hehe myschoneblume@yahoo.com

xo

Sidewalk Chic said...

Your photos are adorable! Hope you have a great holiday :) - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Anonymous said...

this post was so cute! i love winter at xmas but i live in nz and its summer here! :(

Lily @ http://coverstaionhearts.blogspot.com/
xoxo

Diane said...

Wonderful pictures! I totally understand you regarding your brother, I have a brother that's 5 years younger than me and he was always the little one, but now he's way taller than me and bigger and it's so strange...:))

Thanks a lot for the sweet comment!

Happy Holidays!

ZANAH said...

No worries, I am totally obsessed with shopping too so you're not alone! And your brother is so sweet... reminds me of my younger brother :) Mon Mode Blog

Fashion Wh0re said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fashion Wh0re said...

He Looks Wayy older than 14 but he's a Cutie Love The Pictures..


Happy Holidays To You ;)

Jen Hsieh said...

ahhh you and your brother are so adorable! those are the cutest (and funniest) sibling pictures.
my brother would never take pictures like that with me :P

enjoy your christmas!

Natalie Suarez said...

this is soo cute!! love it :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

xoxo

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

toxic disco boy said...

awww... so cute. ang tangkad naman ng kapatid mo. i wanna sneeze and grow too!!!

^^

Anonymous said...

hahaha =D funny pictures!!! merry christmas sweetie!!! ♥

The F Word Online said...

haha these photos are so fun and happy ! happy holidays !

xx lue

Anonymous said...

Sure you will have a fantastic Christmas night!

btw, Merry Christmas!! =)

mycherrygum.blogspot.com

Paint it Black said...

Such a cute festive post one of the best. I love the leopard print trimmed Christams hat. Have a wonderful Christmas :) xx

Ligeia said...

This is so cute!!
The best way to wish Merry Xmas!!!

love this post <33
Happy Holidays! and thanks for your comment :)

daisychain said...

too cute! Wishing you the most wonderful Christmas xxx

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

AWWWW. This post made me so happy; it's so adorable. You two are totally the coolest sister and brother duo I know. I mean who else dresses up and takes photos? I LOVE IT.

Enjoy your trip! Soudns like fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Holidays!
quirkyexplosion.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ohmigosh Betz these are some of the cutest pictures I have ever, ever, ever seen!! You and your brother are tres adorable!!

Happy, Happy Holidays!! :)

Anam said...

Adorable!

Merry Christmas!
xx

http://thebluntqueen.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

You and your brother are so cute and funny in the photos! :)

Maayong Pasko, Betz! :)

Guiltyhyena said...

Adorable Photo's, Merry Christmas to you too x

@ The GUILTY HYENA †

BLACKPANTHER said...

Merry Christmas!
xoxo, FASHIONABLEGIRL

street angel said...

I love these pics! Happy Holidays!

Ilanka Verhoeven said...

Happy holidays!
X, fashionnerdic.

la petite fashionista said...

i love making my little sister do photo shoots when i'm home. this is too cute.

i'm a broke santa too-- i love buying gifts for people WAYY too much :)

T. Linh said...

MERRY XMAS AND this is epic! :)
And cute :D

Sylvia said...

came across your blog & i'm so glad I did! Happy holidays!

www.janetteria.com said...

Wonderful Xmas, darling Betz!

X♥X♥

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

merry christmas to you and your adorable elf!
whatwouldanerdwear.blogspot.com

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

hi betz!
thanks for visiting my blog!
i'm really loving the tights on the previous post..*wink*

i'm hoping we could exchange links...can we? hehe.

thanks again and see yah around!

Analisa said...

Haha awe these pictures are so fun & cute! Merry Christmas :)

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

and yeah, i'm cebuana too. :D

michelle_ said...

love ur christmas get up darling !
you two are cute in d photos !

thanks for the sweet comments as always !
GLISTERS AND BLISTERS. blogspot . com would love to wish a very MERRY CHRISTMAS !
<3 may you wishes come true .

xoxo . Michelle ..

COME OVER TO THE DARK SIDE... WE HAVE CANDY said...

Hahahah! Super fun&cute photos!
Have an amazing christmas!

C A said...

HELLO, SORRY FOR THE LAST RESPONSE, I WAS TRAVELING!! HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

@ MAISONCHAPLIN.BLOGSPOT.COM

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Awww these photos make me smile!! You are so pretty and your lil brother is so adorable. I love your outfits!! I hope you have a merry Christmas, dear!

Sandra said...

LOVE the pics:) Happy holidays!

B a la Moda said...

HAHAHAHA! You guys are funny. Love the pictures and the mood. Enjoy your trip.

xoxo
B* a la Moda

Anonymous said...

love the pic,and so cute girl :))
http://shallomanita.blogspot.com/

Raquelita said...

These pics are hilarious! And I love that Santa hat! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Andie said...

woah your brother is TALL! and hes only 14?? shoot.
merry christmas to you!! hope you had a good one!
http://blair-waldork.blogspot.com

Silmi Sabila said...

Haha you both looks cute

Psyche said...

Betz, if you Santa, boys would be dreaming of you. :)

Merry Christmas!

مى said...

Awesome beyond awesome pictures! Merry Chritmas :)

Fian said...

merry christmas to you dear,,
<3 <3 <3..
^^

iris said...

Hi!! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I'm so glad you did it because I'm following you now, love your blog!
Love the pics :)

xxx from Madrid!

Leah said...

Betz, bagal na metabolism ko, hirap na kumain ng madami. hahaha!

SOPHIE WEARS said...

Wha ha ha ha! I had fun looking at your pics! LOVE THEM!

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

Such cute pictures!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Amanda said...

Cute outfits! Hope you had a very blessed Christmas! x

o said...

what a cool funky santa outfit:D u guys are too cute! ur brother is such a good sport lol thank u for sharing the inspiring message:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com