18.12.09

I wanna be somebody's Evangeline

I am so inspired. And dreamy. I have a strong feeling that this might be the most childish post ever. But I don't care. I just watched The Princess and the Frog and now my mind is miles away from reality. 

My favorite princess of all time is Belle.

She's the only princess who loved a beast. It's easy to love a prince, but it takes a strong heart to love a beast.


But anyways, when I watched the Princess and the Frog, I totally see myself in Princess Tiana. We're alike in so many levels.
 
I'm not gonna spoil the movie. So if you haven't seen it and deep in your heart you believe that nobody is too old for happily-ever-afters, this is not the movie you wanna miss. I say, this is my favorite Disney fairy tale now. Not to mention I really fell in love with the prince! He is the best prince ever. The movie is really fun, I laughed a lot. And cried too. So yeah, watch it and tell me what you think!!!


I just wanna share the sweetest line (I think) from the movie by Prince Naveen:
"Tiana... is my Evangeline."


That may not make sense until you see the movie. But this really made me smile and cry at the same time.


I know for most, fairy tales are nothing but mumbo-jumbo. Even Hans Christian Andersen, the father of the modern fairy tale, said, "Life is not always a fairy tale". Maybe yes. Maybe no. I think it's on how we see life.

(Yes, that's him. This is our picture together at the park last year.)


Sometimes, we are too busy waiting when will the prince of our dreams bring us the other pair of glass slippers, without noticing he already have walked with us every step of the way. Sometimes we are too busy waiting for him to come and fight the dragons just to give us the kiss that will end our lifetime of slumber when in fact he is just sitting right next to us all the time. Sometimes we are too busy waiting for the day to arrive when the beast will finally be torn to let that shining prince come out but we are just so preoccupied of the fragile petal of the rose that we didn't even have time to look back to see the prince standing behind us. Sometimes it's not about kissing the frog and make him a prince but being kissed by a frog that leads us to happy ending.


You see, there is no harm in waiting. In fact, great things come to those who wait. It's just that happily ever after doesn't always begin with once upon a time. The prince of our dreams can be the man of our waking moments. It's funny people think fairy tales don't exist. It does. It doesn't just happen the way they want it to happen. Fairy tale is not a dream when we are sleeping but a reality when we are awake.


Unexpectedly as it may happen to be, but we just tend to close our eyes to see a fairy tale. The truth is, we can't see it unless we open our eyes wide. You don't have to look any further because it is just around the corner, that is why we wait. But the hardest thing about fairy tale is, sometimes we don't know when the wait is finally over.




Photobucket




43 stylish comments:

Le Stylist Cheri said...

You are so adorableee <3

Jade Purple Brown said...

i love that pic of u sitting on the statue.its so unique!

C A said...

Hiiio! thanks for your sweet words, your blog is always on top!

The fashionart blog,
@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

Jing Ocay said...

kagwapa sa dalaga oi!hehe

Nina said...

Hi Betz!

How I wish I can tell you the details of my own fairy tale ... It's filled with so many twists and turns ... but in the end ... I'm glad I waited. I'm a very happy princess right now.

Keep on dreaming, gorgeous girl!

Nina

mikenbecca said...

Nice post sweetie. Take care.

dotie said...

very well said...
I think you just uncovered the mystery of fairy tales :)

http://eclecticdujour.blogspot.com/

Leah said...

Hi Betz! Don't stop dreaming... you'll have your own fairytale. You are still young. You will definitely be someone's princess... and you will have your happy-ever-after.

Have a lovely weekend Princess Betz!

Julia said...

Aw, how sweet! I've been wanting to see that movie, I'm glad to see it's worth it! That photo of you with Hans Christian is adorable, too. I'm glad you were raised up by this; it's very uplifting.

xx

Clo by Clau! said...

I haven´t seen the movie yet but I heard is really good ;)

Saludos,
Clau!

Marz said...

This is a gorgeously written post. I'm so happy that I stumbled upon your blog right now, I love it, I'm going to add it to my blogroll right away :)
I totally agree with you about prince charming being right in front of you sometimes; its not the bold move that makes a love story happen, but that inner courage to let go of your own inhibitions when it comes to love and getting close to someone that will really set a story on its course. And seriously, don't give up when there are hurdles in your way, great love is worth all the hardship.
-Marz


http://marznoventa.blogspot.com

michelle_ said...

very well written post .
did u study journalism or anything like that ? the english is very well written ! i wish i cud write like that !

thanks for sharing this with us !

visit my blog + comment + follow !
GLISTERS AND BLISTERS. blogspot . com

Belowen said...

I am so excited to see this movie, and the return of the traditional Disney animations!

Sher said...

You summed it all up so beautifully! It is exactly what happened to me and my 'prince'! We have been friends for years before our eyes were opened and we found out how perfect we are for each other! Life works in mysterious ways sometimes, that's what I've learnt! So, keep your eyes on the lookout, your prince may come in a very unexpected way:)

My favourite princess was Belle too! Now you made me wanna go watch The Princess and the frog:P

xx

toxic disco boy said...

hahaha. my fave princess is cinderalla since she designs her own clothes. ^^

Andie said...

OHMYGOSH YOU WATCHED PRINCESS AND THE FROG?!?! it didnt come out here yet (dont know why) but i REALLY REALLY WANNA WATCH IT.
and haha nice picture with hans christian andersen

http://blair-waldork.blogspot.com

Fashion Court said...

aw i love that picture! i was always into the princess movies when i was younger :P

Erika said...

I was debating whether I should watch that movie or not, but now I will definitely add it to my to-do list :)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for your comment on my post. And, I'm now following you :D

Audrey Allure said...

aw lol i definitely want to see it since some of my friends said it was good too :) my fave princess is ariel <3

btw, would you like to trade blogroll links?

http://audreyallure.blogspot.com
<3

Anonymous said...

Nice photos! ;))

Gita said...

waw u have a nice post :)
like ur blog :D

xoxo
labellavita-etmoi.blogspot.com

Raquelita said...

This is such a sweet post. I love the picture of you with the statue!

Cheryl said...

Amen to this! I waited for mine for 35 yrs. Good thing nga niabot kay gikan pa diay siya sa layong dapit.hahaha!

I didn't know Hans Christian Andersen was a giant and you,just little girl. (Joke!)

Happy weekend, Betz!

daisychain said...

1. You are beautiful.

2. Belle is my alltime favourite princess

Have a great weekend x

Fashion Insanity said...

Aaaah I loved your cute post!! Fun to watch and read :) you're adorable!

Anonymous said...

You look pretty, you will make a beautiful princess. Don't we all want happily ever after... haaay. Advance Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

You look pretty, you will make a beautiful princess. Don't we all want happily ever after... haaay. Advance Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

You look pretty, you will make a beautiful princess. Don't we all want happily ever after... haaay. Advance Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

You look pretty, you will make a beautiful princess. Don't we all want happily ever after... haaay. Advance Merry Christmas.

Psyche said...

belle is also my favorite princess because she's an intelligent princess. :D aaahhh.. i so love disney fairytales.

Dylana Suarez said...

I love Belle, but Ariel is my fave!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Maha M said...

yayy my favorite princess is Belle too :)
this post was fun to read, and made me feel young again.

Meho xx

noreen said...

hala pwede diay mag comment here..tangaa nako woie..haha :D anyways, ka CUTE nimu betz..im so excited to see that movie..i have always been a fan of disney's princesses and all the movie's i have watched my fave amongst them all is ariel..i think i'll like tiana as what u blogged about the movie t'must be a must watched movie..can't wait..again, ur so cute..hehe ;) missyah :D

lorenabr said...

The picture is great :)

La Société de Mode | The Fashion Society said...

Disney will always and forever be a beautiful inspiration. Great blog

Love,

Rebecca, Maddy, and Alec

La Société de Mode | The Fashion Society

Ibyang said...

Belle is also my favorite princess of all time :) :)

wishing your prince will come soon.

Danielle @ Story of Style said...

I want to see this movie so badly!

www.antiquatedtreasures.blogspot.com

Leah said...

Betz, pwede ka pa maging beauty queen... go na. I support your dream.

Jen Hsieh said...

followed your blog, this is such a sweet post :) i saw the princess and the frog last week and i fell in love with it as well. i cried a few tears.
we'll all find that evangeline one day. keeping my fingers crossed :)

Subtle_Hints said...

Betz!! :) loved this post ^_^ this was the reason why I posted my status message @ FB.. :) made me think why I loved Jasmine out of all Disney Princesses :) Stay happy and stay glamorous! ^__^

-Rei

alya said...

I really love the Disney princess movies, even now at almost 23! And Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite, as well. (Not sure about the beastiality but I try not to think too deeply about that aspect, haha.) I have to say you're dead on about the prince being the one walking with you all along...I am really surprised that I finally have my own little "fairy tale" going on now - sooo right about waiting around and letting it happen! Really cute post...found my way here via Delightfully Tacky, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Not bad article, but I really miss that you didn't express your opinion, but ok you just have different approach

Anonymous said...

Tat ws shit..!!!! wud v appreciated if u'd written a story abt urself.. u luk pretty..:) but d fairy tale thingy is shitty..!! :P