12.12.09

the princess and the hat

Yay weekend! This week has been great not only for New York Knicks, who got straight three wins (I'm so proud!), but for me too. I'm really happy to hear that my dear friend is getting married. Yeah, I'm too happy I cried. It's not that I'm too melodramatic or what but she's like the big sister I never had, so yeah... I'm a little melodramatic. And I'm such a sucker for happily ever after too. I am that girl who has not outgrown fairy tales yet. This reminds me of the photos I saw from Dina Goldstein's Fallen Princesses website.




Anyways, tonight was not a good night to go out coz it's freezing outside. The temperature was around 25 but it felt like 10 to 12 because of the wind. Despite that, I went to church for our youth service during Fridays called "The Gate".


I really find it a great challenge to be chic and warm without looking like an eskimo lost in the city. And I should say I hate wearing turtle necks, it makes me feel like suffocated. But with the wind speed of 25 mph, thanks to whoever invented it.



I added a long silver necklace (from I forgot where) to at least spice up my outfit.

I love how the pattern of the sweater (from Great American Sweater) looks when I put my hands down.

I love this hat (from mom's closet). It keeps my head warm. But then, after a minute outside I can hardly feel my face. It made me think of wearing something like this.


(Spacecraft the scout Mask from Urban Outfitters)
But on the second thought, I'd rather be caught freezing than wearing something like that. Especially this:

(Chicken hat from Urban Outfitters)
or this:

(Moose hat from Urban Outfitters)
Know what I'm thinking right now? I'm "mind" singing (and "mind" dancing) Alex and Harper's (Wizards of Waverly place) song:


What's that, a hat.
A crazy funky junky hat.
Overslept, hair unslightly.
Trying to look like Keira Knightly.
We've been there.
We've done that.
We see right through your funky hat.



But I admit, if ever I'll see someone wearing any of these will surely make me smile. In a good or bad way? That I can't tell. To some it could be a disaster but I'm sure some can pull it off in a cool way.


I think that's all I have for now. Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
Don't forget to clothe yourself with love, peace, and kindness!


Photobucket

47 stylish comments:

Natalie Suarez said...

all these hats are sooo cute, i love it! :))

xoxo

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Leah said...

I can't imagine wearing those hats but they really look so cute.

You have to show pics of yourself more often, you are so pretty even if you seem suffocated by the turtleneck. hahaha!

Have a great weekend Betz!

Lia said...

haha those photos are really good! I love them!
I think I have a really similar jumper, I don't like turtle necks either but in winter there's nothing better lol
The funky hat song made me smile, I used to sing it when I was in Ohio, I totally had forgotten it! :)
thanks for stopping:)
Loved your blog!
xx

myfloorisred.com said...

I really love your Norwegian style jumper, it looks so comfy!

street angel said...

I love your sweater..and your hat!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ummm...is it wrong that I have a desire to date a boy wearing that moose hat? Too cute!!

By the way, love your hat. The color is fab!! :)

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I really like your sweater! And I'm hoping those hats are jokes... haha!

Pia said...

i love that cinderella picture!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so crazy! Thanks for sharing ;)
www.thefashionseen.com

Leah said...

Hi Betz! I really wish I can do my own nails but I'm such a klutz believe me. But I have tons of nail colors here but I always ask somebody to do my nails for me using my nail polishes. That's one good thing living in Manila, it's very cheap to pay for the services of a nail expert. Would you believe I pay only US$2 per service?

NoViTaRisTiaNa said...

thanks for u're comment...i already follow u back. n i add uin my link list...check it :)

Unknown said...

Wow thanks a lot for dropping by on my blog. so happy to get a compliment from you. Follow/Link my blog if you want :)

Unknown said...

omg haha the first 3 pictures made my day. and you look cute :]

Nina said...

Betz, you always look suuuper cute! No to those weird hats and yes to looking fab but feeling weirdly cold!

Nina

styledbygl4m said...

Thank u for the comment and following my blog ~ I'll follow u right after i finish with this comment! ;)

btw i luv the fallen princesses pictures lol .. i've seen them before on a posting some where .. forgot .. but thought it was a good change to the regular depiction of 'em .. hehe

anyway ttyl
xxx
gi
http://glam623.blogspot.com/

Valencia Lia said...

I love love the photos here !!

And your furry hat is really gorgeous too

regina stacia abigail said...

lotta love for the hat:)


visit mine!

regina.stacia.blogspot.com

Kristen Leo said...

you shouldn't hate turtle necks, the shirt looks gorgeous on you! and i adore the hat!!!
thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! im defenately following you :) follow me back?

Closet Full of Nothing said...

You look so warm and adorable! This reminds me.. I really need some more winter accessories :)

xoxo,
http://closetfullofnothing.blogspot.com/

A La Mode said...

Wow I love those photos! What a scary thought.
Those hats are so adorable! You should totally get the reindeer. xxx

Vinda Sonata said...

great sweater and hat. looking very comfy to wear.
and i love the moose hat in the final pic. (the guy wearing it is also very cute ♥)

Andie said...

awww those hats are too cute! and wow those pics are so depressing...
love your sweater!!

http://blair-waldork.blogspot.com

Is This Real Life? said...

super cute images and blog!

Unknown said...

ahsaushua
that's so funny

Unknown said...

Ha, what a fun post! That collection of princess photos is fantastic...I will have to look into that photographer. I like the Fair Isle sweater--so wintry...is that hat chenille? It looks so soft. I don't like how turtlenecks feel either--which is why I have a big scarf collection! :) Stay warm and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Couture Carrie said...

Love your wintry look, darling!
And congrats to your friend on her engagement!

xoxox,
CC

Bubu said...

thank you my friend!!!!!!!! come to spain!!! come on!!!

Fancykazoo said...

Hi thanks for your sweet comments! Love your style! You look so warm and cozy!
xoxo Ally

Coco said...

The Fairy tales gone wrong and The Hats pictures are so fun! I had never stumble into them before! ;)

Thank you for sharing!

-Coco from Our Paper Moon

Julia said...

Darling hat! It goes great with the sweater, and I love that Urban Outfitters boy in the knight hat; he's like a younger, attractive Peter Sarsgaard.

xx

Julia said...

Darling hat! It goes great with the sweater, and I love that Urban Outfitters boy in the knight hat; he's like a younger, attractive Peter Sarsgaard.

xx

The F Word Online said...

hey thanks for the lovely comment. i'm still in the hunt for a perfect hat for the season, slash those pictures are hilarious. so cute. care to exchange links? i'd love for you to stop by more often

xx lue

Jing Ocay said...

wow. you look so cute with that hat betz!lovely photos.very pretty.

yes.im a bisaya.im from surigao.hehe.may bisaya roots ka din?

Ces said...

great blog. the first pics of Fallen princesses are interesting to see. i hated the winter when I experienced it. i like the color of the lipstick you are wearing. you still look chic. those hats are cute.

Jing Ocay said...

hala!perfect dai!apir.bisdak ka ta pareho.am so happy to meet a pinay/bisaya fashion blogger like you.i really like your blog ba.gwapa kau ka dai.suya ko naa ka abroad.hihi

Leah said...

Betz, di ko alam pinay ka din pala. Kasi you don't look like one, akala ko ang roots mo Spanish. I just saw you talking to Jing in bisaya sa blog nya. Ay salamat, pwede na ko mag-tagalog. Hahaha! So are you married? San ka based sa US?

Jayrin Eve said...

haha those pictures are genius! :)

Mom Fashion World said...

beautiful photos!
those kids make me smile.
i love kids so much!

yay! for the chicken hat.
i would love get one for mr. freddy. lol!

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

Wow,I'm so glad to have found another Pinay fashion blogger in here and to think, Bisdak too. :)

I love NY. Maybe one day I can visit that city that never sleeps. In the meantime, I'll just look at your pictures and your cute outfits and think that I'm there too. ;)

Love your sweater and your Mom's hat!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Congrats to your friend! That is very happy news. :)

I love those pics of you. The sweater is adorable and you are SO PRETTY!

Omg and those animals hats...wow. That made my day. So funny!

toxic disco boy said...

tuwa naman ako sa disney editorial. winner! it must be really cold there. i'd die if i was there. haha.

Leah said...

Betz, ok lang na tawagin ako na ate, wag lang tita. Hahaha! Ok, you can call me ate pero wag ka na mag-po ha.

Thanks for the compliment ha. Would you believe na (tatagalugin ko na para di maintindihan ng mga batang followers natin) ilang taon lang tanda mo sa eldest son ko. Pero sabi ko nga age is just a number.

Siljesfashion said...

Love your hat and that look, so cute and comfy!

Patty Ann said...

omgggggggggggggg i want that hat i want the moooooooooooose one really bad
and i love the editorial. anything fairy tale gets me!!!
xx

AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

Nguyen-XO said...

hihi the cinderella & the kids makes me smile! :) Nice blog

MizzJ said...

The moose hat is actually kinda cute! I would laugh so hard if my bf wore it.

Anonymous said...

Nice article you got here. I'd like to read a bit more about that theme. Thnx for sharing that info.