9.12.09

first trip to frugality


Hello sweethearts! Happy Wednesday! This is the day of the week when I feel like the week is almost over but really it's not. I hope everyone is having a great week. Because I am! Yesterday I had my first trip to Goodwill. I am so inspired with a lot of bloggers who find treasures in thrift stores. As a result, I am so determined to try to go shopping without spending more than 30 bucks.  I googled Goodwill and hooray, it's just 6 blocks away from where I live. I have never been into any Goodwill stores before. The moment I stepped inside I was so overwhelmed, I have no idea where to start. I had a great time shopping! It was way fun than my conventional shopping. I don't know what to expect and the adrenaline of finding that "something" is spine-tingling. So here's my first attempt in practicing frugality.


I love this cropped blazer. What made me adore it that much are the pockets and collar. It's so feminine. And the color is pretty. For $9.99, it's so worth it.

When I saw this tweed jacket, I know I just gotta have it. I can think of so many ways to wear it. And it's just $5.99, what a steal!

This is my favorite! Too bad the picture didn't capture how gorgeous this vintage Scott McClintock coat is. It has a padded shoulder. The structure is really perfect. And the satin lining looks like I paid more than $12.99. The moment I held it, I never let it go. I can't wait to wear it. 


I found a lot of great pieces but thankfully they were not my size. Thankfully because if they fit right, I will be way over my 30-dollar budget. I say mission accomplished!


And oh, since black and white pictures are taking the fashion blogosphere by storm. Here's my hurricane.

I had this dress since I was in college. I love the structure and the intricate details in the bust part. Here's a colored version.

I think I like the b&w better.


But of course, I didn't go out just wearing this. I threw a cardigan (and a coat) for physiologic need.

I love how it looks so vintage. But honestly, the bottom part of the picture is the working of my smudged camera lens.


Here's the what the bottom part really looked like.

So yeah, that's basically it. I'm gonna go and grab a bite. I don't wanna be late for the sectionals (to the GLEEks, you know what I mean.)


Smile and don't forget to clothe yourselves with love and kindness!


Photobucket

49 stylish comments:

Rica said...

oh wow! you never been to a thrift store before? thats where you find the best clothes (i think) not that its cheap but i think the uniqueness, the style and the fact that its actually challenging to find one makes it great.i love thrift stores because of those reasons and you will find a lot of vintage clothes. what more can i say? its affordable and its fashionable! hehe. anyway, your dress looks terrific!

xoxo sweet escape

Elaine said...

For you first thrifting trip, I say you did VERY well! I absolutely love the velvet blazer.

And a dress from college? You have a great eye! ;) Love the pumps!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Psyche said...

i wish i was with you shopping at Goodwill! :) i loved that cropped blazer.

Leah said...

Great finds here... I have to go thrifting one of these days. Such amazing finds. And I love your dress.

Sabila Anata said...

thanks for dropping by at my blog and left a very nice comment :)
totally love the jackets :)

Tiffany said...

you look fabulous! i love the tights with that dress and the heels are gorgeous!

Valencia Lia said...

I love love the tweed jacket you got,its really so gorgeous!
Also you love flower dress with those tights,I love it all.

And yeahhh,I really want to learn knitting!

The Fierce Berry said...

your tights are awesome!

Nina said...

Wish I could've gone with you?! Never been to a thrift store yet?! Looks like so much FUN!

Nina

Dylana Suarez said...

Your purchases are fab!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Friend in Fashion said...

great buys! Believe me - you will get hooked ;)


www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
xx

Moomby said...

you did a wonderful job thrifting! you have a great eye and i can't wait to see what you get next!

Niki said...

yay for thrifting! it's amazing how someone else's trash can easily be your own treasure :)


xo Niki

http://ahautemess.blogspot.com

Febrina Adiputra said...

Wow i love your tights and those tops, gorgeous !!!!

Sher said...

Great buys! I love your tights, they look super cute:)

Ashley Dy said...

You are lovely.

fadetoblack said...

THOSE TIGHT ARE SIIIIICK!!!

++

Kristen said...

seems like you made out really well with such great blazers! love the last one especially.

And as a fellow Gleek, I just have to say Sectionals was amazing! I can't wait until spring

http://whatgoeson10.blogspot.com

mikenbecca said...

I love love your outfit, U rocked it sweetie!!!

Your trip to goodwill is impressive ;-)!!! The jackets are FAB!

>>> Becca!!!

Renée said...

Wow, I LOVE the first one. Congrats on a successful thrifting experience.

I totally understand running off for Glee, too. What a great episode...I can't believe we have to wait so long for the next season. :(

Panty Buns said...

The entire outfit is hot. Love the striped pantyhose and the belt. The photos make you look way too thin, though very pretty anyway. Very nicely coordinated. You could wear that outfit anywhere.

Chelsea Finn said...

i LOVE the first one! i love thrift stores, although i never have any luck in them!
i love your dress, adorable!
Thanks for your lovely comment btw.

-elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the feeling of a great bargain! Great find, giiiirl. :)

Anonymous said...

what a fun post - the findings are fantastic and i love love the horizontal-strip tights, xx

stylefrontier said...

love the blazer especially the tweed and the last one.
i've followed you. care to follow me back? :)

Maha M said...

Great buys for your first time!
and i love the dress too, its great when your bring old pieces back to life.

Meho xx

Bubu said...

funny blog!!!!! thank for your comments!!!!!!

Marie Castro said...

Wow you really got stylish and cheap stuff, that's amazing!

Gon said...

Your style is amazing aswell! So feminine ;D! I'm following you too girl ahah!


kiss,
www.dimogonda.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i for one love thrift stores! Am always jittery when am planning my thrift day. Cos i know ill never go home empty handed.

i love those tights! wow!

Unknown said...

I love your tights!! very beautiful dress, that's so stylish^^

Fashion By He said...

looking good in those tights! great outfit

-He approves

Dejana • shopsterium.com said...

Cute, I also love that wool cropped blazer at the top!!

FASHION CHALET said...

Now I started watching Glee on hulu.com never had seen it before so when I saw them in person didn't even recognize them until they were properly introduced. They sing rather well! <3

Great tights!



x

Graham I. Haynes said...

Wow! That b&w pattern is so bold. Contrasts nicely with that red backdrop.

♥ from suckmysavvy.com

Unknown said...

thank you very much for your compliment :)

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

oh that jacket is awesome!
whatwouldanerdwear.blogspot.com

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

The cropped blazer is lovely!
And you look gorgeous! The dress looks great on you.

Unknown said...

i'm addicted to charity shops and second hand clothes! i love how cheap it is to get stuff! your pics look great


raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com


xx

Julia said...

What perfect tights you picked to go with it!

xx

Anonymous said...

love it darling
so gorgeous, love the blog as always
thanks for sharing
and thanks for the sweet comments

-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous!
Those are beautiful!!! :)
Have a great weekend! :)

AVY said...

Yes, the tights are perfect to that dress.

Mom Fashion World said...

hi.
thank you so much for the comment.
i'm happy to hear you enjoy my blog.

you look so beautiful in your dress!
black and white are always timeless.

p.s care to exchange links?

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Mom Fashion World said...

hi.
thank you so much for the comment.
i'm happy to hear you enjoy my blog.

you look so beautiful in your dress!
black and white are always timeless.

p.s care to exchange links?

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Fashion Wh0re said...

Love that dress ;)

Second Skin said...

Oh Girl! You are going to be hooked FOREVER! That spine feeling you are talking about is like a drug. It just gets intensified each time you go and begins when you get in your car to head over there in anticipation! I hope you have many more successful trips! (no pun intended!)

Patty Ann said...

omggggggggg love your dress and all those sweater jackets!!!
xx

AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

Alexa et Lisa said...

I love your tight !