19.11.09

Shakespeare in lace

Call me old-fashioned but I am such a big fan of poetry. And I am madly in love with William Shakespeare's works. Sonnet 116 is my favorite and I memorize it by heart. I have always dreamed of living in Elizabethan era for a week and experience wearing corsets and ball gowns as daily wear. Yes, just for a week. I am not sure if I can survive more than a week without computers. And I sure will miss wearing trousers.


Well, to make that dream close to reality, I put on this outfit and brought the era into a modern world.

I have to confess that lace is in my lovin'-it list this season. It is a great way to indulge my feminine side. The jacket's structure, button details, and slightly puffy shoulders remind of me of doublets. And as you can read in my previous post, I love mixing he and she elements.

2 stylish comments:

Sample Travel Blog said...

love the whole look and the jacket is worth dreaming of

Maz said...

Cute hair piece! Thanks for stopping by my blog darling! Keep an eye out for a giveaway in the next week or so!

Ash
goldleafashley.blogspot.com