17.11.09

a playful afternoon with the girls

As a grown woman (or trying to be) I sometimes find myself wishing to be a little girl again and just play. Being in a place where I spend most of my Sundays when I was young injected a big dose of nostalgia. Memories of scraped knees and exciting slides bring me back to the days when my tears could easily be stopped by a red lollipop that can turn my tongue pink. But what can I say? Things are different now. That is why some days, getting serious is not in my to do list. This is one of those days.


When I was having my vacation back in the Philippines last spring (or summer there), I had a great and fun time with my girls having a photoshoot. It was crazy!  Here's a snapshot of the entire afternoon of laughter, style, and friendship.



We call our clique, Indian Pana Girls (a.k.a IPG). Wondering why we're called that way? Trust me, knowing that will change your life. Whether in a good or bad way, of that I'm not sure. Originally, there's twelve of us but some didn't make it that afternoon while some came a little late. I love these girls so much! Being an IPG is one of the things I am ever proud of.


IPG UPCLOSE




A frisky wrap around dress and pink hi-top chuck taylors shows that we are never too old to have fun.




When I see this photo there are two words that come to my mind: innocence and purity. The black sneakers added edge to it. It gives the twist of danger. That what makes a woman interesting.



This is such a charm. What could be more gorgeous than a little black dress accessorized with a sweet smile?



I can almost hear her laughing. But with her simple cordovan dress with a sexy tiny strap that emphasize the oh la la shoulders, this outfit is va va voom! Now, who's laughing?




I loooove the pattern of the dress. It's so cool. You can't help but look. Not to mention the adorable bangles.



Don't we just love floral sundress in summer and miss it in winter? But I'm confused, is it the sun scorching... or is it her?



Me in my empire spring blouse. One of my faves.



I love this candid shot. The little girl sure worked it. But we can't ignore the glamour of the shiny spaghetti-strapped dress as opposed to the laid-back low top converse shoes. It's the best of both worlds.
(We are in no relation to these children. They happened to be in the park and were curious with what we were doing. You know how children are.)



But what I love best about this afternoon? The reminder that no matter what will happen and no matter where we will be, we are always beside each other and are always willing to walk the extra mile with no strings attached.


***Photographs taken by Marielle Udarbe and Dominic Saraum. Used with permission.***

1 stylish comments:

The blogs reviews said...

You sure have a way with words...great pics