11.2.10

snow much fun!




“There is nothing in the world more beautiful than the forest clothed to its very hollows in snow. It is the still ecstasy of nature, wherein every spray, every blade of grass, every spire of reed, every intricacy of twig, is clad with radiance.”
- William Sharp 

Snow covered New York City yesterday. As much as I hate strongly dislike snow, I have to admit that the city looks magical in white. The blizzard caused a well-celebrated holiday which made me, and all the New Yorkers (especially students), rejoice. Basically, the reason why the classes and (some) work are cancelled is to keep us stay indoors, right? But what the heck, not even the 12-inch snow could stop us from having a little fun. We went to the park just across the block to frolic and play the Eskimo way.
I always got hit on the face. FYI, the snow tastes weird. Or was it a snow?
I thought of every strategy to get even.
Apparently, it didn't work.
Look at the snow ball my brother made. When he threw it at me, it's like receiving a power punch from Muhammad Ali.
No matter how I tried to hit my target, I just don't know how to carry out precision.
Snowflakes are kisses sent from heaven.
Snowed under.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. . . somewhere else!
When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.
Meet Mr. Nerdy. My brother and I made him. Snowmen aren't forever, but their memories are.
Starlight, star bright. Protect our snowman overnight.
It takes the young at heart to make a snowman from a bunch of snowflakes.
A snowman is love and laughter all rolled up into one.
There's nothing like warm hearts on a snowy day.




And oh, I am so shocked to hear about Alexander McQueen's untimely death.
(photo credit)
You can read the story here.
What a loss. He will be missed.

Photobucket

110 stylish comments:

Jen Hsieh said...

awwwww these are the cutest snow pictures! nothing better than seeing everything covered in snow. it looks like you had so much fun outside and i'm pretty sure i've just fallen in love with mr. nerdy :P
loving the tights btw!

FashionJazz said...

Luv ur snow pics hun!!! U look super stylish!!! xx

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

What a wonderful way to spend a normally dreary snowy afternoon. And you look like an urban snowbunny. :o)

kookie kulasa said...

kainggit naman! I've never seen real snow. Haha! The times I've gone to the US, either spring or fall--never summer or winter (sabay ng bakasyon). looking lovely as usual, dear :)

I'm going on an ukay shopping trip next week pala! :) will post my fab ukay finds ;)

Leah said...

I love that you are having so much fun in the snow. I'm so green with envy Betz. xoxo

Victoria said...

Such pretty and fun pictures !! :) The snow looks amazing

NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

I'm jealous of your pictures....seems like u had so much fun in d snow...our city was like ghost town yesterday...BTW, where in NY is do u live?is this in brooklyn?

Jen said...

That looks like so much fun! We don't get snow here :( I love your hat and the way the white coat looks against the snow :)

monica said...

ahhh what a beautiful winter wonderland!!!

you look so cute too

Lexi Colby said...

cute snow pictures! you look so pretty!
so sad to hear about mcqueen :(

Unknown said...

great pics! love your hair x

Missy
For everything about fashion:
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

Danielle Barbe said...

aww such fun snow pictures!

i'm huddled inside my warm house with about six blankets right now. too cold!

NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

ah ok....yup, like once a month if I'm lucky...hehe....we just went there last weekend.....whenever I go in the city i always end up disappointed cuz' there are so much things I want to do but not enough time...lucky u!!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

These are such cute photos!! Stay warm and have fun! Boston was supposed to get 8+ inches and they totally got it wrong... we got a DUSTING! Insane.

RIP McQueen :(

English Rose ♥ said...

those are the most stunning, adorable snow photos ever - you look like you had so much fun which is what it's all about!

Merci beaucoup for your wonderful comment =]

Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
English Rose x
http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

N▲hn▲ said...

Seems like a lot of snow fun!

noone said...

lovely pictures, you look like such a cute snow bunny! Have a great valentine's weekend dear!

lauren said...

your snow pictures just made me happy! it's nice to see people just having fun and enjoying the weather. really adorable! i'm jealous, i want snow!

Leia said...

Love your snow day outfits!

mikenbecca said...

haha u are funny ... let it snow, but somewhere els... We got 6 inches of snow here, not bad compared in Maryland. Ay yay yay.

Oist I went to by old blog nga pala, here's the link

rebeccaroseilican.blogspot.com/

Thanks!!!

Mimi said...

The photos are gorgeous! I love how your white jacket blends in with the snow. I've been dying to go to New York after hearing about the snow in DC..

Nuheila said...

Love these pictures!!!I can t belive you have so much snow there:)


Nuheila

Anonymous said...

i hate the snow but love these pictures! it was just too cold for me and we got over 2ft so i couldn't bring myself to go outside and actually play in it!

piping said...

thank u! and also i've followed u dear! :)

*smooch

Heather said...

"Let it snow, let it snow ... somewhere else." Haha, love that. :)

Christen said...

I can't aim and throw either - it's hopeless. But it looks like you guys had such a good time :) Love your snowman!

Ibyang said...

capturing snow on photographs is awesome. even if i don't like cold weather so much, i love playing in snow as it's such a magical thing.

happy weekend!

the girl in stiletto said...

who took your photos??? the photos are really really really really good!

Lizz said...

You and your brother are so cute, I love it!! And your outfit is *adorable*...

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

i wish i can have an hour of snow..just so i know how it is to play with it.

i bet when you first got there, you were excited with snow noh???hehe.

and oh, next time, bring your arm back then fold it 45 deg...swing it! and you should be able to throw harder at your brother! LOL.

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

Awww you are such an adorable snow bunny! :)

Nina said...

Hi Betz!

How genius that you wore that bright white jacket with snow as your background ... you just stood out?! Everyone else wears black or dark colors in the winter, right?

I'm sooooooo sad about Alexander McQueen ... he was so into thinking outside of the box ... love people like that ... great, great loss for the fashion industry!

And yes, Roey is the cute, chubby teenaged boy in a white sports Tee! He's so clueless, he hasn't still figured out that our outfits are always a tandem, ha, ha, ha!

vitaMinn style said...

So saddened by this shocking news too... he's such a great talent.

On a lighter note, I enjoyed looking at your snow photos here! Seems the entire family had so much fun. =)

Vinda Sonata said...

seems like you have so much fun, betz! i love seeing snow. i even wish i could experience it. how does it feel being in snowy weather? :)

i love your style, always lookin' so chic, betz! mr.nerdy is cute, too.

mcQueen will surely be missed, too. he's very talented. my biggest condolences.

Analisa said...

These pictures look like so much fun! I wish it snowed where I live. RIP Alexander McQueen :(

E said...

What a fun look for the snow! I love how you rocked the jean shorts with the boots!

Closet Full of Nothing said...

Aww I'm SO jealous of all the fun you're having in the snow!! You'd think being the winter olympic city we'd get some snow this yr...... but nope! Love how you can get all bundled up but still look so chic!
Thanks for tagging me for the award, sorry it took me awhile to get back to u :)

xoxo,

Coco

http://closetfullofnothing.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Beautiful photos! You look so lovely in your white coat. And the snow looks so romantic...sigh. Almost makes me want to forgive it for being such a hassle to drive in. Lol. ;)

bananas. said...

oh lady...you make the snow look good! and your hair...how does it stay so perfect in the cold? i'm jealous.

btw so sad about mcqueen. i'm still shocked.

Anonymous said...

your pics are so much fun! :)

~ http://hellomisschic.blogspot.com

Diane said...

HY, you have such amazing pictures in this post, I love them and you look great!

RIP Alexander McQueen, I posted something related this morning...

Have a fun day

kiss

Margaret said...

You look amazing :) love those tights!!!
thanks for the sweet comment at my blog :) stop back soon! xx

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Betz, it looks like you an dyour freinds always ahve the most fun! Almost makes me want to go and frolic in the snow too lol And I love seeing peple wear white in winters! What a cute blazer.

Paint it Black said...

Snow fun love it great snow outfit too very stylish. xoxo

Unknown said...

lovely pics - lots and lots of snow x

krissy ♥ said...

Beautiful photos! That looks fun! :)

Wini said...

Hi Betz, thank you so much for visiting me. I love your photos in the snow, it looks so magical and beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

SNOW! ggrrr. must be sooooooo cold. But it's really nice to see you're having fun with it.


I am Denise Katipunera

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I love snow...I want snow...hahahah!!!! That's what I call winter wonderland...the photos are beautiful...

Take care...
for your prev post...wonderful photoshoot...fierce baby!!!!

Also sad about McQueen's death :(

Everyone is mourning!

Takecare dear!

Always,

Sweet
http://pensandlens.wordpress.com

H A N N A H . M A Y . R O S E . † said...

awww love the photos - looks like so much fun! & that snowman is the cutest/funniest I think I've ever seen! haha :)

I actually couldn't believe it when I heard that Alexander McQueen had comitted suicide... I was completely devastated. He was SUCH an incredibly inpsiring and talented designer - a true visionary. He will never be forgotten. RIP.

LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

xx

daisychain said...

the snow pictures are so adorable :)

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

Love the snow pictures! It looks like so much fun! I've got about two feet of snow on the ground here and I'm sick of it! Haha.


Alexander McQueen... He will be greatly missed. :(

MyStrawberryCocktail said...

love these pics in snow! sooo much fun looking at them:) u look great!
omg yes and alexander...its just too sad. R.I.P.!
XOXO

glee said...

lovely photos in the snow ;) looks like real fun.

joei ♥ said...

snow snow snow! lovely :)
and it's so incredibly hot here.. i'm jealous.

have a great valentines weekend!

joei
http://i.am/joei

Manon said...

Those snow pics are wonderful! You look so pretty in them.

And indeed.. He will be missed.

coolboy said...

looks cute on white babe

Isquisofrenia said...

omg how fun
snow and you loook so adorable playing with it!!

Elaine said...

These snow pictures are SO fun! You guys are so cute :)

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

the style crusader said...

this is such an adorable post. i love all the action photos of you playing in the snow! looks like so much fun! xx

Fashionable Earth said...

Cute snow pics! Thank you for posting this. It really is a loss to the fashion world. Here is our tribute : http://fashionableearth.org/blog/2010/02/11/the-great-alexander-mcqueen/

Rue des Modèles said...

so cute pics!
im so jealous, I want snow here!
Im so sad for McQueen´s new =(

Melissa Z. said...

I've just discovered your blog and I love it!

If you want, check out my blog and leave a comment. Thanks a lot.

www.abitoffashion.com

Unknown said...

i love the pattern on your tights!
xxx

Tabitha said...

You look so adorable in these pictures. Snow looks so great on camera, but when you're actually in it is a different story.

Adorable snow outfit. :)

SaraJ said...

oh snow<3

Anonymous said...

Aww these photos are great! You look like you are having such a wonderful time playing in the snow!

Hope you have a great wkend, sweetie!

xoxo
Amy

http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Denisa L said...

awesome pics dear!

prettyneons said...

Wow & I thought the snow in England was bad enough haha :)
These are great pic's wish I was there making a giant snowman, I love your blog too-thanks for letting me know about it, tis going straight on my daily read blog list.
peace & bows...
prettyneons X

o said...

i love these pics! it really does look magical:) u look cute in ur outfit! i love ur tights and jacket. omg, that's an awesome snowman! lol! loving mr. nerdy:) thx again for dropping by my blog! have a great weekend, betz!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Fashion Cappuccino said...

You look so cute in all the snow!! Love all the pictures! xoxoxoxo

Fashion Court said...

love those pictures, darling! i live in nj (very close to nyc) but i didn't go outside haha :p i baked all day!

Victoria said...

:) Thank you so much dear !
Have a great weekend

febrina utami putri said...

you're so cute with your beanie hat on!! it looks so warm and fluffy. and mr nerdy awwww so cute cute cutee, i wish there will be any snow in indonesia, lol

Psyche said...

hello, betz. :) the Paris movie is an old one, 2009, I guess. :)

Sonum said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish it snowed here. I was so shocked when I found out that Alexander McQueen passed away. He was a true fashion genius, and those are rare.
-theurbanfashiongal.com

ricke yuliarti said...

never mind dear ..
whoa he was younger than me hehe:)
and i think so, he looked tall in his age ..
btw, I'm a little jealous of you because in my country there is no snow, I was not able to make and take photos with snowman huhuhu :(

Anonymous said...

those are very nice photos! i'm loving the snow background! i'm going to be following your blog from now on : )

Terence Sambo said...

Fun times...u look adorable....

LyddieGal said...

The world really does look so beautiful in white, it makes me almost like winter.
your photos are so adorable and i love your patterned tights!

Hanae said...

such lovely photos! you look so pretty!!!
& RIP alexsander mcqueen... so sad..

Anonymous said...

awww i always love your shots! :D
supadupa adorable. :))
thx for dropping by, dear. :)

http://onelittlethoughts.blogspot.com/

Jeje said...

Wow! Snow :):):) I wish there's a snow here in Manila coz it's scorching hot in here!

Really cute photos! Look like you had fun :)

Anonymous said...

I actually CRAVE for snow... where i come from, it never ever snows :(

styledbygl4m said...

I think all us fashion lovers were shocked .. he will definitely be missed ... :(

& gorgeous gorgeous pictures! Tho I can't stand the cold but if I were to be in cold weather I'd rather it snow ~ Where I am right now, it's just pure chill .. no snow .. boo ~ .. :P


xxx
Gi
http://glam623.blogspot.com/

Liya said...

aw
these are adorable pics! nothing better than playing in the snow

myglitteringcreation.blogspot.com

Style, She Wrote said...

Great snow pictures! Thanks for commenting on our post.

Also, we gave you a blogger award -- :)

www.styleshewrote.com

Style, She Wrote said...

Great snow pictures! Thanks for commenting on our post.

Also, we gave you a blogger award -- :)

www.styleshewrote.com

Josie said...

You make the snow look fun -- I'm just too tired of it! Thank you for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment. Love yours and can't wait for more :)
xxoo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous look and post, darling Betz!
Love your jacket!

xoxox,
CC

Marz said...

I love your photos, they are like a winter wonderland! how do you manage to look so cute in the middle of winter btw, you look soooooo great!
-Marz

Mom Daughter Style said...

I wish I can play like that in snow. Such nice pictures. You always have fun with your brother. I miss my bros.

Unknown said...

haha mr.nerdy is so cute! i wish we got more snow this year.. we only got snow for about 7 hours last december and after that, never again! but then again, i usually hate the snow after 2 days when its wet and dirty. ;P

Cafe Fashionista said...

Send some of that snow my way right now - I absolutely love it! You look incredibly adorable in these photographs!

Happy, Happy Valentine's Day my love!! :)

Caylen said...

looks like so much fun! i wish it snowed here in southern california.. ahah!

xx
cayliek.blogspot.com

lavingston mayherne said...

thats a very creative of you :) love it! oh and i wish if theres snow in indonesia lol


www.rizkikamila.blogspot.com

The Fierce Berry said...

lovely photos, I miss winter!

The Trendy Fashionista said...

I love the snow background. Nice snowman!

Have a wonderful weekend.
-The Trendy Fashionista
http://thetrendyfashionista.blogspot.com

Raez said...

gorgeous! your cute outfit and the tons of snow!

xx raez

Jen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time in the snow! I love how you went old school and made snow angels, had a snowball fight and made a snowman! :)

Heart Charlie said...

I love all these photos! Your snow outfit is adorbale, as is the snowman ;)

Nathalie said...

Your pictures are absolutely adorable and I love the snowman
*Nathalie

Anonymous said...

Cute photos! Love your hat;))

xoxo M.

Vicki said...

Such pretty photos!!
magpie-girl.blogspot.com xo

Graham I. Haynes said...

Finding a way to incorporate shorts in the winter? So creative.

A N A S T A S Y A said...

you looks snowy with that gorgeous jacket!!

Ramona said...

Oh it seems you have so much fun and also all the snow from my country run to yours.You are so pretty!!Great blog doll!
xoxo
http://hisforhotcouture.blogspot.com/

Melanie's Randomness said...

Oh awesome photos!! Yeahh I've gotten alot of snow too! I'm in southern NY!! ENjoy it!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too! Come back anytime!! =)

michelle_ said...

such great pictures taken in the beautiful snow !
HAPPY VALENTINES <3 !
xoxo MicheLLE @ GLISTERS&BLISTERS

Brow Raised Beauty said...

These photos are absolutely beautiful. It's so important to remember that family and friends are what drive us to be who we really are. Your happiness is so obvious here; thank you for sharing that piece of you as a fellow blogger:)

xBRB
http://browraisedbeauty.blogspot.com