8.2.10

going west

This outfit just happened. I never thought of a "westernized" look or cowboys. But when I wore this flannel shirt (which my gorgeous friend Roxy left to me) and added leather vest (which I bought with Roxy when she was here in NYC) to add a body, it all came to place. I put on a scarf and cowboy boots to perfect the look. I really love how it turned out.
About the ladder, I just took the advantage of playing with it while the fixit man was working on something in the kitchen.

My brother and I were going out to get his broken iPod fixed. While I was taking my pictures, he barged in to mess with it. 
Instead of kicking up a fuss (strangely, I was not in the mood to do so), I made him strike a pose.
Cheers for my not-so-little brother! =)
****LOVE STRUCK****
(...because it's February)

Photobucket

100 stylish comments:

Marie said...

Love the look- the plaid is fantastic and the texture with the vest and boots is fab.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
OWOH necklace giveaway

Sidewalk Chic said...

I love this look -- the plaid and leather look so great together. I've been wondering how to wear leather vests, and you've done it so well here without looking like you're wearing a costume.
Your brother popping into your shots is so funny. You two are so photogenic! :)

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

toxic disco boy said...

ganda. love the vest. cute ng detail. at cute rin si kuya. haha.

Ahahgshene said...

this is cute :]

piping said...

hey thanks for ur lovely comments on my blog! u have a great blog! definetly will link it :) and thanks for visited me!

keep in touch
*smooch
http://emptiedbrain.blogspot.com

Jing Ocay said...

hahaha.natawa ako sa comment ni toxicdiscoboy.haha.bigaon jud ka yotch!

hi betzy gwapa!
your cowboy outfit is cute.i love looking at cowboys or somebody nga gawear ing-ana na outfit.for me they're smart.astigan ko. and you look astig plus pretty anang imu outfit dai.

Marz said...

Betz, that quote is so nice. I loved it and sent it to the bf.
I love that vest, its so unique, I've never seen anything like it!
-Marz

NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

I'm loving plaid right now....and this out rocks...

Psyche said...

whoah! your version of the cowboy outfit, betz, is so sexy. :D i love the vest! and the undone buttons of the shirt. your brother is cute too, feature more of him. :) hehehe

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Whitwew..Wow betz, you are hot hot cowgirl. What a fashionista. =) I bet you can pull off any look

A N A S T A S Y A said...

love the vest-over-unbuttoned-shirt idea! inspirational

SC said...

that's hot (:

thanks for your lovely comment! i really appreciate it! x

krissy ♥ said...

Ooh I love the outfit! You can totally pull it off! :)

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

Being from Texas originally, I am all about cowboy style. And that vest is amazing.

But I gotta say, those last two pictures with your brother in the background are beyond cool. Great attitude on the part of you both, and you are just too beautiful!

Heart Charlie said...

You and your brother are both so attractive!! It runs in the family ;) I love that brown vest over the plaid shirt on you, very flattering !

Anonymous said...

love the leather vest
simple and chic
gorgeous look darling
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for the sweet comments, i appreciate it

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Lizz said...

LOVE the vest. For some reason, I'm reminded of a lumberjack, but a super hot, trendy one. Lol.

monica said...

you are one hot cowboy!

Pia said...

omg. loving the back side of that vest!!!!!!

Pia said...

omg. loving the back side of that vest!!!!!!

Sonya said...

Love the vest!

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Wow, such an amazing text, I love the end!

And your brother looks hot int he 3 picture :D

Have a fun day!

kiss

Kristen Leo said...

the vest is just amazing!! i love it! and off course the shirt i love too! i'm a sucker for plaid! it was cool you got your brother to model along! his outfit is great too!

Sher said...

Wow both you and your not so little brother are so stylish!! I love how your outfits compliment each other:)

xx

H A N N A H . M A Y . R O S E . † said...

love this look, especially the flannel top with the leather vest. amazing!
& I love the photos of you and your brother - he's so stylish!

LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

xx

Chicago Chic said...

You look amazing....I love when outfits "just happen" and they often turn out to be the best! I love the use of the ladder and your brother, how cute!

Oh and I'm loving your February love-inspired quotes...amazing!

xo
Rachel

. said...

I like your outfit, shirt is excellent

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this look on you! And your brother is model material. He has gorgeous facial features.

vinna fransisca said...

you have a great photoshoot ! i love it :)
let me follow you ;)

Desired Youth said...

How adorable! I like that vest it looks so cool!

Haute World said...

Awesome outfit! I love the leather vest... it's definitely western inspired, but I like how it doesn't feel costumey at all.

Isabeau Jane said...

ka cutie ninyo.. ur outfit reminds me of the cowgirl in toystory 2.. pretty!

Leah said...

I love the images with you and your brother... galing ng projection nyong dalawa.

And cute ng vest mo Betz, ganda ng details sa back. :-)

Christen said...

Really fabulous look - that vest is incredible!

Jen said...

Great look, and you are rockin those jeans! :)

Jen Hsieh said...

you look awesome in this outfit and i love how you chose not to button up the flannel shirt. that is such a GREAT vest :) your brother is so cute posing with you! haha my brother would NEVER do that.
oh, and i'm loving the ladder as part of your photoshoot :P

daisychain said...

this look has come together perfectly x

Isquisofrenia said...

i totally love the vest
thank you for your comment

x!

Posh said...

You look so pretty!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, cuteness. I'm definitely your newest follower.
I'd never pull of a look like that, but you're looking amazing.

Love, Malou.
Hahhaha, and by the way - I got to your website from Missy May's blog. You totally deserved the award!

ZANAH said...

Your brother is so funny & silly !! :) Mon Mode Blog

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

This is such a cool vest!! Love how its color and back detail go with the pocket design of your jeans... Perfect!

Leia said...

Great look!

Manon said...

You have got a great style! I love the vest. It's lovely!

Marta Castellanos said...

There are a cool pictures!! I have an award for you in my blog!!xoxo

www.meencantamiropa.blogspot.com

the girl in stiletto said...

your brother has a nice smile :D

Unknown said...

you're the hottest painter ladder lady i've ever seen. haha! ;P

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Love this cowboy inspired look!! You look amazing! xoxoxoxo

Nuheila said...

Love this look-so cool!


Nuheila

Fashion By He said...

great outfit, love the plaid

want to link exchange?

come check out the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

Tanja Oomen said...

haha your brother is cute! and you look stunning!

I love the vest, like almost everyone !

xo

febrina utami putri said...

gosh you look great! and the leather vest, fabulous!!

Victoria said...

thanks =) =)
The last pix are so nice, love the effects !

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

Thanks for the comment!
I absolutely adore your vest. The whole outfit is great, but the vest was my favorite! Hope you have a great week.

Fashion Court said...

wow, i LOVE that outfit combination!

bananas. said...

look at brother getting all modelesque. looks like plaid and smoldering good looks runs in the family ;)

love the western. you rock it well.

Christina said...

Cool vest! I've never seen anything like it before. This outfit came together really well!

Stacy said...

love the vest! this whole look is great

btw, your brother is pretty cute ;) haha

http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

love that first photo of when you asked your brother to do some poses for you! and love that vest!

gizellefaye.blogspot.com

S.Elisabeth said...

Ahaha cute! I loved it! I loved the last few pics with your brother too haha

ARANXA. said...

amazing blog!
;] i love your outfit
xo,
http://whitenailpolishandcoffee.blogspot.com/

ricke yuliarti said...

thankss for following dear :)
btw, your brother looks so cool ! how old is he ?

LyddieGal said...

Very cute look - I like the back of the vest - the suspenders are so unexpected!

Anonymous said...

great look - i'm in love with that vest! it's fabulous and i love it paired with the plaid top!

joei ♥ said...

i love your plaid shirt! :)

joei
http://i.am/joei

Nina said...

Hi Betz!

I sooo love how you rocked the cowboy look. You and your brother are quite the team!

I know you've gotten so many awards already ... but I can't help it, left you another in my post just now!

Jaeveberry said...

Great shoot! You are adorable.

Terence Sambo said...

love ur boots!!!!! :o]

a cherry tree said...

WOW! I love that quote, thank you :) I have just saved it and am gonna write it in my guys Valentines day card <3

You look gorgeous! I love western looks, they're so classic and never go out of style.
I want a plaid shirt like yours for winter and you've reminded me that I should get my cowboy boots out again! :)

<3 xxx

the style crusader said...

these pictures are awesome! you look great. that leather vest is so insanely cool. your brother is adorable and such a great model. he totally fits into the style of the photos perfectly. loving your style! xx

stylefool said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stylefool said...

Hey Betz!!

Had a good time reading your blog. I like it. Looking forward in reading more!

Oh thanks for visiting my blog!

Raisa
visit and follow
Stylefool

Jeje said...

Howdy! This is really cool :) I love how you match things up :P

http://studdedbliss.blogspot.com

mirramie said...

thanks for droping ur comment.
btw i've linked u mind if u linked me back?
xoxo

Schnappy said...

Hi! Very good photos! I like these clothes! :)
Do you like jewelry? I wait for you on my blog!
Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

your photos are great! =))

Sharon Lei said...

Oh I love that vest.. lookin' great hun.

xx Love & Aloha.

Anonymous said...

This outfit is... WONDERFUL!!! I love how you wore the plaid shirt unbutton and the vest over it- very nice!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I am adoring yours. :D

Audrey Allure said...

love the cowgirl look, really cute - especially the white scarf!
and such a beautiful love quote :)

Cheryl said...

Hahaha! Cute! You and your bro are rocking the photo shoot, Betz!

I always have a soft spot for checks/plaids and the vest completed the look.Ganda, cowgirl glam ang effect!;)

Marta said...

Cool pics.
xx

glee said...

yeah, so love this look. and great photos. :)

Mom Fashion World said...

Akala ko eto ung bagong studio mo.
Teka napag usapan nyo ba ng brother nyo ung matchy outfit nyong dalawa?
Ang galing rin pumorma ng baby bro mo ha.
Betzy, you're the cutest cowgirl. I'm sucker for plaid. sobra!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, this so reminds me of D&G - you look stunning; and so fierce! Personally, I've always adored the western look; though that has quite a bit to do with the fact that I am literally obsessed with boots!! :)

Couture Carrie said...

Loooove that vest, darling!
Fabulous pics!

xoxox,
CC

Denisa L said...

love your shirt!

Anonymous said...

Lovely shirt and vest! <3

xoxo M.

Nathalie said...

such a great ouftit. Love the shirt with this fabulous belt
*Nathalie

Unknown said...

that shirt looks faaaaabulous!
xxx

Anonymous said...

This is a hot outfit girl!!

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

Haha youre right - this outfit definitely does have a western feel to it, but definitely not a bad thing! I love how relaxed it looks and the vest is fantastic!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
quirkyexplosion.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

love how u have mixed and match that shirt with the vest! looks amazingg!

Corie said...

I love the look...it's very different. And, your brother is so cute..awww.

Lo said...

Love it! I'm following this blog for sure (: shall we trade a follow for a follow?!

www.biadabella.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

thx for dropping by dear. :)
whaa i love your cowboy photo shoot. :)
u look great. really. :)

Rue des Modèles said...

your vest is fabulous!
love the outfit, your brother looks cute

B a la Moda said...

What a beautiful saying. Love your look too. That vest is the coolest thing ever. So unique. That back is stunning.


xoxo
B* a la Moda

o said...

love this look especially ur vest:D

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Mom Daughter Style said...

i love the plaid top. you'll make a fashionable cowgirl.

Unknown said...

love that shirt!

Missy
For everything about fashion:
http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com