2.2.10

50s in January

Last week (or was it the other week? I'm not sure... Man, this post is ridiculously overdue.) the temperature hit 50s! 50s in January, for me, is euphoria. I was so excited that I need to go out and just celebrate this grand event. 
This was my first time to go out with bare legs this year.
I still need to wear a long coat though coz the wind was kinda strong.
But of course, I didn't go out that long. I'd still be freezing if I stayed more than two hours outside. I just walked a couple of blocks and bought something to eat then headed back home.

****AWARD****
I am extremely happy and deeply honored to receive this lovely award from The Trendy Fashionista and Imogen of Tia Cherie.

These are the rules I need to follow:

1-Make a post on my blog about 7 things people don't already know about me.
2-Pass the award onto 7 other bloggers.
3-Leave a comment on each of the blogs I'm giving the award to.
4-Thank the person who gave me the award.
5-Fill out 5 of my favorite fashion items.

RULE #1
1. When I spell Wednesday, I have to say WED-NES-DAY silently in my head.
2. I usually use cellphone to see in the dark.
3. Before going to bed, I start imagining things that I would like to happen to me.
4. I delete the entire password as soon as I've spelt a single letter wrong.
5. I stay in the shower longer than I need to, because it's too cold when I get out.
6. When I find a song that fits my current life situation, I listen to it 24/7.
7. I hate it when I accidentally hit tHE CAPS BUTTON.

RULE #2
Charlie of Heart Charlie
Gabi of The Series

RULE #3
Consider it done.

RULE #4
Thank you so much, The Trendy Fashionista for passing this award to me!!! Don't forget to visit her trendy blog where you can find everything you need to know about fashion. I'm sure you'll leave with something to smile for when you do.

Thanks a lot, Tia Cherie for this award! This chic lady from Australia will doubtlessly brighten up your day with her impeccable panache. Do visit her blog and be inspired!

RULE #5
1. Dresses. How I love being a girl.
2. Belts. I love how belts can pull together an outfit like magic.
3. Cardigan. It's a must have for a stylish layering in winter.
4. Denim Shorts. I just find it so comfy.
5. Boots. If there's one thing I love when it's cold, it's this.







****LOVE STRUCK****
(...because it's February)
I cried.. *sniff*
Photobucket

92 stylish comments:

Manon said...

I love that outfit!
And congrats with the award!

Fashion Court said...

awesome outfit! i wish it was 50 here :(

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Such a pretty outfit!! I love wearing denim shorts too! xoxoxo

Leah said...

Betz, I cried too. What a lovely letter. I can feel the love. Gosh, I'm typing teary-eyed right now.

Back to the outfit and the awards, congrats Betz... as I've said before, you truly deserve all these recognitions.

And I love your legs. Hahaha! So sexy!!!

PS... I use my cellphone as a flashlight too. :-)

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Your outfit is HOT!! And you look so pretty in all those pics. :)
Congrats on the award too!
Omg and that letter...so sad...

kookie kulasa said...

Betz..the letter made me cry so early in the morning! Haha good thing I'm still the only person here in the office (yeah..early bird).

kookie kulasa said...

Betz..the letter made me cry so early in the morning! Haha good thing I'm still the only person here in the office (yeah..early bird).

Mom Fashion World said...

Go, go, go Betzy!
Yay, for the sexy poses. I love it!
Todo na 'to! pang model ang poses.

Betzy, Congrats on the awards!
Same with Leah, I use my cellphone as a flashlight too.

Sonya said...

Thanks for the comment! Your shorts are too cute!

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

Christen said...

Love those boots with those shorts! And congrats on the award - very much deserved!

xo, Alexi said...

congrats on the award! you're so lucky you got to go out in shorts. it's a high of 30's over here =/
aaack! that letter got me so emotional! *sniff*sniff*
http://www.blogger.com/steampunkdolls

Vinda Sonata said...

nice outfit, betz. i really like your outfit. the knit top is great, and i love how you layered the black cropped top underneath :)

congratulations for the award too. i really enjoy reading new facts about you!

Mom Daughter Style said...

fierce, strong and sexy! you rock in that outfit. congratulations on the award.

Ahahgshene said...

cute outfit :] im quite jealous .

Psyche said...

I'm so melodramatic, betz. :( i wish the guy would find someone soon.

and to your outfit, it's sexy. :)

fuchsiaboy said...

congrats on the award. love your blog ;)

thanks for dropping by my blog, too.

vitaMinn style said...

Shorts in January, I can't believe it! YOu definitely can strike a pose, girl!

Congrats on the blog award and thanks for posting that touching story...

Icy said...

waaa! sexxyy!! ahaha.. nice blog! love the letter.. keep it up! hahaha.. =)

Sidewalk Chic said...

You look so cool and confident. I love your sweater and your boots!


I have to say Wed-nes-day silently to myself too. :)

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

It's hard to type when I can't see the keys for the tears. What a loving letter. I hope she knew how much she was loved while she was alive.

Congratulations on your awards. It's always fun to learn more about you. We are amazingly alike. I share 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 with you!

E said...

I love that hoodie! Congrats on the award!

Fian said...

wew, you're great with this outfit dear.. the shoes is great too!

just visit my blog too..
<3

phie-emotions.

Jing Ocay said...

kagwapa sa baji oi! sexy kaau ka dai.kanus-a kaha ko mupayat ug ing-ana no? ug dai, katawa ko sa rules ana na awards, daghanay.haha
congrats sa award betz! you deserve it.
you are gorgeous and beautiful dai!mabuhay mga bisaya.hahaha.muwah!

Anonymous said...

chic outfit, betz! i love the overall look!

congratulations on the award! you deserve it ;)

i love boots too. if only we could wear them every day in this tropical country without your feet getting so feverish and all haha!

the letter is def a tearjerker jud :s

PS.
i can so relate with the wed-nes-day thing too haha!

toni

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

love the poses! so fierce!:D

gizellefaye.blogspot.com

mikenbecca said...

OMG u are soooooo sexy my dear and winner ang mga pose mo ;-)

BTW love your shoes.


reesemikaela.blogspot.com/

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

The gloves are a nice touch!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the awards and i love the outfit! the perfect mix of edgy casual!

NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

what?NY at 50's? How come PA didn't have that Temp?? I can't wait to wear shorts either...

Giovanna said...

Great post! Love your outfit!
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Gilbert Ganda said...

aww thanks for the awards
feeling so happy and honoured to get that award
thanks anyway I love your 50's outfit
xx

▲ FARRAH ▲ said...

Great boots!

Farrah
WWW.DISTRIKMODE.COM

Grumpy old man said...

Betz, that is so sad, I can only pray that I will die first, dont wanna think about my wife dying first.

Congrats on your award, you so totally deserve it.

|Love your "brave the cold" outfit, looks fabulous.

Thanks for dropping a line on my last post, enjoy hearing from you.

Hope your week is going well.

Colin.

The Fierce Berry said...

love the photos, I love the way you edit them <3

Paint it Black said...

Congrats on your award.
Cool outfit I cant wait to be able to wear denim shorts again xoxo

joei ♥ said...

love your outfit! esp your denim shorts ;)

congrats on the award!

joei

FashionJazz said...

Luv ur outfit and congrats on your award hun! Hope u have a lovely day xx

Jeje said...

Cool outfit! :) Love your booties :)

So many interesting stuff about you :)

http://studdedbliss.blogspot.com

Chicago Chic said...

You look amazing in that outfit and I am totally inspired for Spring! Congrats on your awards, so so very deserved. Your list of 7 things amazed me...because I do so many of the same things! (especially #s 3, 4, 5, & 6!)

xo
Rachel

H A N N A H . M A Y . R O S E . † said...

oh wow, I LOVE that top! I just posted something similar on my own blog :)

♥ Hannah

((LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM))

xx

toxic disco boy said...

taray, pussycat dolls isdatchu?? haha.

thanks on the award!! i really appreciate it. mwah. ^^

Unknown said...

loving the look and well done on the blogger award x

daisychain said...

you look so fierce, and congrats on the award!

Sher said...

You look mighty fierce in your poses, betz! I could never pull that off lol!!

Really love the hooded sweater you had on! And yay for bare legs:P

xx

Nina said...

That letter ... Betz, I'm speechless. Beautiful!

I can't believe it's you, hot momma! You must've collected dozens of male whistles on the way home from your short walk!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Hello fashionista! You look rockin. I love your outfit. You can pull off any look. Speaking of outfits, I'm not sure if you've heard about it but some ladies around blogosphere are participating in the Project Barbie. For every month there's a certain theme and you are to post pictures of yourself for that particular theme. This month's theme was pink.
Anyhow, I'm with you on the password, if I spell one letter wrong i delete the whole password too. =)

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

Fabulous outfit!

Aww, the Craigslist post is so sad! :(

English Rose ♥ said...

lovelovelove that hoodie is awesome - congrats on the award!

Merci beaucoup for the super sweet comment ma chérie =]

Stay safe and chic darling,
English Rose x
http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

The Trendy Fashionista said...

YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME!!!
YOUR BLOG IS ALWAYS AMZING :)

-The Trendy Fashionista
http://thetrendyfashionista.blogspot.com

Froso M. said...

Love your style dear! Congrats on the award, i am following you now, follow me too if you want! Kiss!

Haute World said...

Oh God, that craigslist note is so beautiful but sad. Geez, it really makes you appreciate the people around you more... so sad for his loss.

On a brighter note, I'm glad you could wear shorts, but there's no way I would have gone out in the cold with them ;-) Very brave girl - love the look! I'm just crossing my fingers that Spring is around the corner...

Congrats on the award by the way!

Ibyang said...

congrats on the award...and the weather. :) nothing beats the chance of having to wear shorts :)

have a nice thursday!

The F Word Online said...

i love the sweater, that glove is so bad ass

xx lue

Holly said...

cool, etc.

Lexi Colby said...

i love this outfit, you totally rock it!


xx

fashiiondiaries said...

you look soo hot! :)

Tabitha said...

Congrats on the award....why is Chicago the only place with cold weather still?

Rosa creativa said...

Congrats on your award!!!
I wish I could use some shorts without tights its freezing here :(
you look great :)
xx
Rosa Blanca

mystylishlittlesecret.blogspot.comm

Desired Youth said...

I love that sweater! It is so beautiful!
P.S.
Congrats on the award!

Diane said...

Wow, I loved you 7 things cause I also do all that :P

I wish I'd had that temperature here...We have -5 degrees Celsius ...:((

Have a super fun day

kiss

NoViTaRisTiaNa said...

congrats on the award..btw i give u an award too :)
check in my blog :)

B a la Moda said...

Very cute and sexy outfit. Love the shorts. I bought some yesterday at Zara. I want to try them with tights.

xoxo
B* a la Moda

Audrey Allure said...

cute outfit!

Nathalie said...

loving this outfit. Looks gorgeous. And congrats on the award :)
*Nathalie

Sherin said...

You're so lucky that you got to have some warmish weather! The outfit you picked is wonderful; I love the top.

Congrats on the awrd. Your 7 things are great. I'm shocked how many of them I do as well.

Vera Liane Rea said...

ahhh i love your outfit! i can wait to wear shorts with bare legs and tights on. lucky you dear :)

congrats on your award! :D

Posh said...

You look great and where do you live actually? Here in The Netherlands is all snow and cold and I'm dying for a bit of warm sunlight haha.. ;)

Shop N' Chomp said...

I love this 80's punk rock look!

j3nhow said...

nice outfit!!!!! u look really great!
xoxo jenna

http://thepetiteblog.blogspot.com/

Couture Carrie said...

You look fantastic, darling!
Love those gloves!

And congrats on your award!

xoxox,
CC

P.S. So excited for that package ~ thank you!!

Alexa et Lisa said...

You have a great style too !
xoxo , L.

Unknown said...

such a badass look! i love it! :)

Barry said...

Hey Betz, congrats on your award. You deserve it!

I love this outfit, it definitely gives off some bad-girl attitude! And those legs... :)

The letter turned me into a blubbering mess, not surprising huh? Haha!

Thanks for your comments on my 'Siren Song' poem, I'm glad you like it! ♥

Tanja Oomen said...

Thank you for your sweet comment!
Love your pants and shoes!

I follow :)

xo

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Love the shorts and the booties :) Yay for going bare legs! Not possible here in winter ugh I miss my shorts now!! lol

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

p.s. on the letter... If it's real and not work of art, it's sad. Intesnly beautiful too. Well, it is, even if it's a piece of creative writing too.

the girl in stiletto said...

love the photos!!! sexy schmexy! :D congrats on the award... :)

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

cute boots! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Corie said...

Cute outfit...the shorts are very cute on you. I really like the boots too!

Victoria said...

Aw Thank You ! :)
We have around 50-60 here now too, it's so nice, I'm used to have like 20-30 in Sweden haha...
I like the shorts :P

Heart Charlie said...

AAaaw thank you SO much for the award!!! That is so sweet! I love your outfit! Those shorts are super cute with those little boots! I also love your jumper with the hoodie. 50 degrees?? I am so jealous ;)

bananas. said...

who wears short shorts? YOU wear short shorts!

haha. sorry couldn't resist.

michelle_ said...

yayyy for the bare legs :D glad the weather is warming up now . soon we'll be in for spring !

LyddieGal said...

I love your boots! and hooray for a cold weather reprieve - I wish for one!

putri soe said...

great outfit! but with a better photography, the look would really be a hit :)
just a suggestion. care for a link exchange?

styledbygl4m said...

congrat and cute outfit ~ <3 the gloves :D

xxx
Gi
http://www.glam623.blogspot.com/

Hana Talita said...

hey betz. love the outfit

PS: I stay under the shower longer AND delete my password when I spelled wrong, too.

cheers!


http://hanatheeccentric.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for ur comments :)
love ur hoodie and those gloves .
they rock .

let's exchange links . lol . let me know :)

Tzoulia Kadoglou said...

Thanks a lot for ur commment!

Visit me again =)

Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

lovely lovely pictures.
so fierce, love the gloves.

You did rock the outfit girl.

nice post!

always,
Sweet
http://pensandlens.wordpress.com

Stella Winata said...

you look smacking hot with the see-through sweater and denim shorts! fab! <3

blackecstasy said...

love ur outfit and congrads for awards! deeply in love with ur gloves :))
have a nice day
xoxo

yudia aiiu

http://blackecstasy.blogspot.com