29.1.10

happy pill overdose

is...

...seeing how my Mom and Dad love each other.
They show me that happily ever after is real. Yes, it may not be like the one that consists of fairy godmothers and talking teacups, but it's real.

...goofing around with my brother.
By goofing I mean ten minutes of yelling followed by a second of silence that kicks off jaw-locking laughter.

...an unplanned trip with my family.
It starts with "Where are we going?" and ends with "Anywhere..."

...good times with my girls.
Heaven knows how I miss them so bad. You can check out the rest of the photo shoot here.

...the combination of fun, sun, and sand.
Wow, I just realized I haven't been to the beach in ages.

...a trip to the zoo.
I know it sounds childish but I really have this chirpy feeling whenever I'm in a zoo. I always stand in awe whenever I see strange-looking animals. When I get home, my cheeks usually hurt from smiling the whole time I was the zoo.

...pizza.
I love how convenient it is to eat a pizza. Everything I want is there--lots of cheese and the taste of tomato. How I love tomatoes. As a matter of fact, I have slices of vine tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on my table waiting to be devoured right now.

...serving God alongside with friends.
If there's one thing I look forward during summer, it's this. This was the last youth camp I had back home. But whenever I think of it, I smile.

...a scary story time with cousins.
No matter how I try not to listen, I always end up as the one who scream the loudest.

...a surprise.
My girls threw a surprise farewell party for me. I couldn't describe into words how happy I was that night. They planned it so well that I really didn't have the slightest hint about it. It was certainly the night I will never forget.

...having time to clean the house like there's nothing better to do.
Isn't it a joy to clean the house not because it looks like a thousand hurricanes came inside but because you just wanna have something to do?

...traveling.
But of course. But sometimes it's a pain in the ass figuring out how to fit your whole closet in a tiny luggage.

...doing nothing but enjoying every minute of it.
Being a sloth once in a while is not a bad thing. Or is it?

...a cold treat under the August sun.
Something sweet and something cold is a bliss.

...lifting someone up.
Happiness is not only something you have but also something you give.

...a hug from my best friend.
This was the night before I left the Philippines. I cried so hard I can barely talk. I thank God my best friend was there. Without him, I honestly could have died in sadness.

...a long table filled with foods and surrounded by my favorite people on earth.
Family reunions are the craziest time of the year. When the whole clan comes to town, the party never ends.

...shopping.
Duh. Needless to say.

...walking (in this case, sitting) along the streets of NYC.

What can I say? These streets make me feel brand new. =)

...found in God.
He is my happiness. (Prayer in the Square was an event where thousands of people representing multiple denominations, races, cultures, ages, social and economic backgrounds gathered to pray in the middle of Times Square in New York City.)
These are 20 of the countless things that make me happy. I actually made this post in adherence to the Happy 101 Award
This award was given to my by lovely Toni of Perfumed Red Shoes, gorgeous Fian of Phie Emotions, Diane of Diane, and stylish Novita of Novita Ristiana. (Thank you so much sweethearts for sharing this award with me!) If you haven't checked these amazing ladies out, please do so. You'll surely miss a lot if you don't.

For this award, I should list down 10 things that make me happy (which I already did) and pass this on to 10 fabulous bloggers.

So now, I want to pass this award to:
Karyn of French Charming
Elaine of Clothed Much
Rebecca of Etcetera
Alexa of I am Alexa
Kookie of Kookie Kulasa
Krissy of I am Krissy
Barry of Life in Quotations also passed me this Happy Award.
I am so honored to receive this from someone who is truly inspiring. If you wanna see life in a brighter perspective, you should visit his blog. I guarantee you, you will not leave his page without a smile on your face. He has a special way with words that will surely tug your heart.

And oh, this award also comes with listing 10 things that make me happy (hence I listed down 20) and passing this to another 10 wonderful bloggers.

I would like to pass this Happy Award to:
Marz of Insights
Michelle of MIchelle City
Melanie of Melanie Likes
Jennifer of I Know, Right?
Jessica of Fascination Drop

Oh lastly,  don't forget to enter my giveaway here to win one of these:



Photobucket

75 stylish comments:

Oana Roxana said...

;)) Long and lovely post... I really enjoyed it! Of course I'll follow you,since I found a lot of passion here!

Unknown said...

thaaank you so much! ahmygad! :D:D:D
Okay, so what should I do now?
copy that :)smiley and link bhack to you and then link to 10 new ones??

XXX Michelle

BTW. about your comment: OMGthankyou, you're so sweeet. No idea how, I guess I'm lucky?? You always look pretty tooooo you know!!
XX

NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

awww...nice post...enjoy reading it...It's nice to know what makes other people happy & how similar we are in a lot of things...

Guiltyhyena said...

A very inspiring heartfelt post, your parents your brother and the rest of your family, very endearing, and in the end what matters the most. =]

Sidewalk Chic said...

This was such a sweet post...it really made me smile, because some of them are the same things that make me happy too. It's fun to be reminded of the things and people that I am most grateful for.

I hope you have a great weekend!

- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Barry said...

Oh Betz, you really threw me off with this. I dropped by to leave you a message and didn't expect to read this about me here. What a beautiful way to end off my work week, you're too sweet honestly.

Here's the message I came here to leave with you..

"You're very welcome for the award Betz, you're one of the first people I thought of when it came time to make my list. You said I inspire you, but you have such a love for poetry and writing and I don't know if you realize how it affects me. Being moved by my writing is one of the highest compliments you could possibly pay me, and I've carried your words in my heart ever since I first read them. They helped replace whatever day-to-day life takes away.

You're a truly beautiful person Betz, the things inside you are what people write songs about.
Don't ever doubt that you inspire me as well.

Fashion Court said...

this is such a sweet post!

Leah said...

This is by far the best Happy 101 list I've seen... nothing fancy, straight from the heart. Congrats on the awards... you are a sweet lady who deserves all the best! Big hugs!

Gilbert Ganda said...

wow u stay in NY?
itss coool dear!
well thanks for agreeing with me
your plzza makes me hungry :P

Unknown said...

such a lovly post and i want that pizza lol xoxox

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

Loved reading this post. It made me happy! Which I guess is fitting ;)

Our lists are super similar. Including the "doing nothing but being happy" kind of thing - DEFINITELY story of my life! I love nothing!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
quirkyexplosion.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello. This is marla from http://thestellarparallax.blogspot.com/

I already added you to my links and followed you too :)

Tabitha said...

Congrats on the awards and great list of things that make you happy!

Icy said...

wow! love this post.. I hope you miss davao.. haha.. =)

Unknown said...

aw betz, you are adorable! i'm so glad you lead such a happy family life! and oh god, your parents look so young?!!! obviously they are super happy and it shows:)
kudos!


<3
eden

Mom Fashion World said...

Great post, Betzy!
You said everything and it's always nice having
family around db.

p.s Yes, I will be in NY tomorrow but in upstate NY to attend my friends wedding then Sunday morning we might go up to Montreal. Too bad. Wish we can meet each other. Di bale, I'm just 4 hrs away if ever I make a trip to NY or vice versa.

Julia said...

Aw, your happiness makes those around you happy too, even those in cyber-land!

Thanks for sharing!

xx

kookie kulasa said...

Yay, thanks for the award betz :) I woke up quite late so it's quite nice to start the day knowing I got an award! And it's from you pa! :)

I'll post an entry about my entire Cebu trip once I gather all my thoughts ;)

Rica said...

this is a great post!!! i love reading it and there's so much to learn about you. i miss you too!!!!


xoxo,
sassy rica ^_^

Imogen said...

I love this post. So many of these things make me happy too and I can see many similarities between us. Congratulations on the awards. I just gave you another award so please check it out on my blog.

Veren Lee said...

thanks
i will post it on my blog soon :)

by the way, where do u live? :D

thanks for your sweet comment!
cheers,
veren .a little princess.,
http://www.veren-emon.blogspot.com

The F Word Online said...

aww this is such a cute post. there are def a lot of things in life that make us happy, and you've got a lot of things to look forward to

xx lue

Jen Hsieh said...

this is one of the sweetest posts i've read lately. i love the picture of you cleaning your house and that pizza in that one picture is HUUUUGE, i'm drooling haha :)
and i smiled a little at the picture of the hug. it's all the little things in life that make you happy :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww I love all those pictures. You seem like such a warm, down to earth person. Thanks for the award. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

joei ♥ said...

awww... that was a nice post! here's to small and simple things that make us happy! :)

have a great weekend!

♥ joei

Under Urooba's Umbrella! said...

OH, what a cute post!

Thank yooh for dropping by! :)

Nina said...

Betz!

I love how this post revealed to me what a sensitive soul my little sister has!

Well, even if you don't win that turquoise ring giveaway, I shall give you one like it when I meet you in person someday ... that's a promise!

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Beautiful beautiful post, Betz!! I absolutely love all of these pictures and the quotes you used. All so very true, I wish more people would understand this simple logic of happiness and just take a minute to be happy every once in a while. Gosh, even myself, I get so caught up sometimes and forget (one of the reason I started my blog too - so that I remind myself on a daily basis too)... And I love how poetic the "doing nothing but enjoying every minute of it" sounds :)

Leia said...

this is the cutest post ever, i love it!

Diane said...

Hy, thanks for the comment:D

You're lucky to have such a beautiful , loving family :)

Congrats on your awards !

kiss

Vera Liane Rea said...

congrats on the lovely awards you got my dear. you truly deserve them

I enjoyed reading through the things that make you happy. :D It was very heartfelt. :) Made me happy just reading it! :D

Have a lovely weekend! :*

krissy ♥ said...

What a very nice list, thank you for sharing! And thank you for giving me the award as well :)

Audrey Allure said...

aww such a sweet list, lovely photos :)

Sher said...

Oh betz, you are wonderful with your list of happy things!! For me, the first source of happiness is definitely having God in my life and serving Him, my family and my bf:)

*hugs*

Mimi said...

I love this post! It definitely made me a lot happier this morning. Everything in your list makes me happy too, especially the NYC parts. ;) Have a great weekend!

Grumpy old man said...

What a great post? Very interesting and lovely to read.

I love pizza too!

Thanks for dropping a line on my site, thanks also for your kind words. I love Jaime, she has great legs!

Hope your weekend is going great!

Colin.

Diane said...

Hy again, just wanted to tell you that I've tagged you on my blog!

kiss

daisychain said...

what a lovely post

Christen said...

Loved this post! It definitely made me happy :)

Couture Carrie said...

Really sweet post, darling!

Love that jumping pic!

Congrats on your awards :)

xoxox,
CC

Lauren said...

this is such a cute post! thanks for checking out my blog!

Desired Youth said...

awh! Everything is so happy! You look like you have had a lot of fun!

The Trendy Fashionista said...

Congratulations on the awards! Nice pictures :)

-The Trendy Fashionista
http://thetrendyfashionista.blogspot.com

Haute World said...

Congrats on the awards! What a sweet post... love all the pics of you and your family + friends! That is one big pizza ;-)

H A N N A H . M A Y . R O S E . † said...

awwwww this is SUCH a lovely post! made me grin from ear to ear :)

♥ Hannah

((LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM))

xx

saray said...

this post put a smile on my face!

check out the giveaway in my blog
http://myideaoffashion.blogspot.com/

a cherry tree said...

Loved this feel good post - you have such positive, radiant energy and you seem really sweet!

I can relate to lots of what you love and makes you happy, from the zoo to the random cleaning sessions, ha!

<3 xxx

Marz said...

Such cute pictures! That pizza is definitely making me hungry!
-Marz

Raquelita said...

I love happiness and the zoo! Thanks for sharing such a sweet and inspiring post!

xo

Camryn said...

Lovely post! You must've felt so sad when you left the Philippines, and I also think you're very brave. I can't imagine leaving my friends and family behind. It would be heartbreaking...

Cafe Fashionista said...

Do you want to know what I'm loving? This post! It made me smile from beginning to end. You, your family, and your friends are far too adorable for words! Congratulations on the awards darling!! :)

Marz said...

Thanks so much for the award Betz! :D You truly put a smile on my face with this one :)
-marz

toxic disco boy said...

wow ang dami ah. it was nice reading more things about you. ^^

Fian said...

wew,,look so much fun dear,,

've a great life always,, :)

<3

phie-emotions.

fadetoblack said...

congrats on the award... all your photos look lovely :)

Viva La Fashion said...

this post made me smile! :) its so sweet and yes, happiness is pizza. :)

Manon said...

This is such a lovely post! It made me happy.
And I really really want that pizza!

The Beautiful and Glammed said...

love this post - it's so happy and made me all smily. that pizza is HUUUUUGE! can i have a piece?! great blog, will def be back xx

Anonymous said...

yaaay! bisaya pud diay ka betz?! NICE! daghan natang bisdak dri hehe!

lovely post btw. i really enjoyed reading it. and i agree with the FUN, SEA and SAND part!

i hope your weekend was great!


toni
perfumedredshoes.blogspot.com

Lexi Colby said...

i love all these pictures!


xx

Jazz Virtue said...

Thank you so much for your kind award! Your blog is very lovely, and I really enjoyed reading this post (the pizza picture is amazing!)
Can't thank you enough, I will repost when I get a chance and of course mention your kindness :)
Keep checking back,
Jasmine x

Indy said...

Wow, all your pictures are so beautiful! I just spent a super long time looking at all of them!

You have such great style!

Angela said...

I love reading your happiness list. It is true. The simple things in life are the best.

bananas. said...

i adore this post. i love how you have a picture of every moment that makes you happy. just darling!

michelle_ said...

i really enjoyed seeing these personal photos from you dear :D

thanks so much for dropping by my blog and the lovely comments :D
hope you've had a great weekend..
michelle . @ GLISTERS&BLISTERS

Mom Daughter Style said...

thanks for sharing your happy list with us. Cute, fun and fabulous pictures.

Congratulations on the award.

Victoria said...

Oh what an awesome post ! So sweet and so inspirational !

Ahahgshene said...

this is definitely true happiness :]

Pia said...

your family looks so lovely, so happy :)

this makes me miss the philippines!!

Posh said...

Amazing post, enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

Happiness is to be surrounded with great friends and a loving family with God as the center of everything. I love your post dear.

Take care,

always,
Sweet
http://pensandlens.wordpress.com

Chicago Chic said...

This post touched me very much. Your parents' love reminds me of my own parents - happily ever after is real and how inspiring that our parents can be that example for us. Your photo before you left the Philippines touched me so much too, and you are just gorgeous! You look amazing in that dress - in the photo at night. Congrats on your much deserved awards!!!!

xoxoxo
Rachel

Anonymous said...

i really like ur blog:D

la-michelle-fashion.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a happy post. LOVE all the fun pics! Now I want ice cream. Ah ha ha

blackecstasy said...

wah what a lovely life and post
u look good and heppi :))
have a nice day yah
XoxO
yudia aiiu
http://blackecstasy.blogspot.com